Wednesday, January 24, 2007

There is no failure...

I've listened to quite a few people recently who have talked about "failing" to do something (new year resolutions being a typical one!).
Worrying about failure keeps you focussed on the past and on the problems. If you examine withe results you've already got, even if they're not what you wanted, you can focus on possibilities and move forwards.
In NLP (neuro linguistic programming) there is a basic presupposition "There is no failure, only feedback". This is a very powerful statement that can make a lot of difference to your life. You can choose whether to be waylaid by the undesirable results or learning lessons to help you move forwards.
So when faced with "failure", ask yourself the following questions, and allow yourself to grow by listening to the answers.
What am I aiming to achieve?; what have I achieved so far?; what feedback have I had?; what lessons have I learned?; how can I put those lessons to good use?; how will I measure my success next time?
Then go for it again, but with new information.
If you have any questions about this, or any other of the monthly tips, don't hesitate to call or email me. Good luck with any feedback you may be lucky enough to get,

Jon
24/1/07

No comments: